Dr. Muktesh Sharma
|08 am-10 am|
|10 am-12 pm|
|12 pm-02 pm|
|02 pm-04 pm|
|04 pm-06 pm|
|06 pm-08 pm|
I am an internationally trained general and laparoscopic surgeon with 40+ years of experience. I acquired additional training in urology in Vienna and have a special interest in urodynamic studies. I have conducted 6,000+ cases of urodynamics till date.
Besides India, I have also worked in the capacity of a Chief Surgeon at El-Oued in Algeria. Over the last four decades I have had the distinction of successfully handling complicated general surgery procedures, urological and urodynamics cases as per standard national and international norms.
I also had the privilege of participating in the “WHO National Small Pox Eradication Program” in Bihar in 1974-1975.
My education and training
|MS||University of Rajasthan, India (1976)|
|MBBS||University of Rajasthan, India (1969)|
My publications and papers
- Published several research papers in various journals such as:
- Journal of Association of Surgeons of India
- Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India
- Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Published various medical articles of public interest in Hindi and English national magazines
My awards and accomplishments
- Lifetime Achievement Award, RNT Alumni Association, Delhi Chapter (2015)
- Certificate for excellent work in the ‘WHO National Small Pox Eradication Program’, Ministry of Health, Government of India on ‘Zero Smallpox Day’ (1975)
- Past President, ASI chapter of Gurugram
- Chaired several conferences on urology, general surgery and minimal access surgeries organized by IMA and the Association of Surgeons of India
- Expert speaker on clinical interventions for multiple television networks
What I'd like to tell my patients
As a general surgeon, there are two kinds of patients who come to me: patients who need emergency surgery and those who need elective (non-emergency) surgeries. The frame of mind for each kind is very different. However, my approach to each of them is the same. To make them understand their situation, I talk to them, counsel them if needed and I try my best to gain their trust and confidence.
While each patient is unique I assure them that I am there to cure them of their ailment and will do my best to treat them. Even post-surgery I am there for my patients and I am always honest with my diagnosis. Over the 40+ years, the patients whom I have treated and cured have done the best publicity for me.
Dr. Anil Malik
Dr. Shiv Chopra
Dr. Sachin Ambekar
“Quality care and excellent surgery outcomes!”
I just wanted to drop a note to Dr. Muktesh Sharma letting him know how much I appreciate his helping me out with my inguinal hernia. After having undergone an uncomplicated bilateral hernioplasty at Moolchand, my health has improved and recovery has been easy to handle. I owe that success to the diligent Dr. Sharma. He has been more attentive to my needs than most other doctors I have ever seen.
I thank him again for everything that he did for me, his care and concern, professionalism and all of the ways that he helped me gain a pain free existence.