Dr. Ajay Gupta
Having worked as
Medical Superintendent of NCTD’s largest Sushruta Trauma Center, and worked at LNH the busiest public
hospital of Delhi for more than 30 years in various faculty positions, had
extensive experience of complex trauma particularly the Spine and wrist
injuries. The other areas of interest are Joint replacements and arthroscopy of
wrist and elbow.
My education and training
|MBBS||Kanpur University, 1976|
My publications and papers
- Gupta A, Sharma S. Volar compartment syndrome of the arm complicating fracture of the humeral shaft. Acta Orthop Scand 1991;62(1):77-78
My awards and accomplishments
- New strategy to treat wrist fractures was awarded with best work of the year by Japanese Orthopaedic Association at Kyoto, Japan(1991) among participants from 84 countries- Has been pioneer to start wrist arthroscopy in India
- Orthofix dynamic wrist fixator and Hoffman external fixator (Stryker) were evolved based on the reduction technique described as “Gupta Manoevere” for distal radial fractures.
- Have been pioneer to invent and publish miraculous results of periosteal grafting in neglected non-unions of femoral neck fractures.
- Have evolved a new surgical technique of treating tuberculosis of spine which has benefitted hundreds of patients over the last 3 decades
- Have evolved a breakthrough immunotherapy regime for curing many patients of tuberculosis who were otherwise not responding to normal tuberculosis treatment for months or even years-published in Ind J Tub and being followed all over.
What I'd like to tell my patients
Having worked in a
Government hospital and chaired several enquiry committees from Consumer Forum
for alleged acts of medical negligence, I believe in giving my patients an
unbiassed and true picture of the surgical outcome than a mere rosy picture
which mostly is a reason for patient’s discontentment. I am therefore a conservative surgeon and thus may not
be favorable to some. I do not subscribe to selling me on Google etc. with
concocted and readymade reviews. My ethics may not fetch me my proportionate
market share but allow me to
live in piece with no guilt.