Dr. Harmeet Singh
As a senior consultant and head of emergency and urgent care, I am responsible for providing effective clinical leadership and expertise to our Centre for Emergency and Urgent Care, one of the busiest in India. With a focus on patient care, I manage all aspects of emergency care, including optimal immobilization precautions, resuscitation, and choice of imaging modalities.
I specialize in treating any kind of medical emergency, catastrophic illness or injury, and traumatic conditions that may involve severe shortness of breath, poisoning, severe wounds or amputation, uncontrolled bleeding, unusual abdominal pain, vomiting blood and loss of consciousness.
I am also an instructor of BLS/ACLS by American Heart Association (AHA).
My education and training
|MEM||Emergency Medicine, George Washington University, USA (2015)|
|MBA||Disaster Management, SU, Meerut (2015)|
|MD||Medicine, KAZNMU, UK (2008)|
My publications and papers
- A Rare Case of Sudden Onset of Respiratory Distress due to a Retrosternal Goiter Presenting to the Emergency Department” published in Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research (2017)
- “Hiatal Hernia: A Rare Cause of Dyspnea Presenting to the Emergency Department” published in Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research (2017)
- “Pulmonary Embolism: Emergency Physician’s Nightmare” published in Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research (2017)
- Co-authored book “Atrial Fibrillation Update: A Textbook of Cardiology” and its chapter “Emergency Medicine: Echocardiography and Atrial Fibrillation” (2016)
- “Role of echocardiography in emergency department” published in Society for Emergency Medicine India (STEMI) – Cardiology (2005)
- “Diabetic Hypertriglyceridemia: Management Strategies”, Cardio-diabetes: Update (2017)
My awards and accomplishments
- Outstanding Contribution Award in emergency medicine as a course director by GWU-USA, at Moolchand (2017)
- Outstanding Contribution Award as a faculty in emergency medicine by GWU-USA (2015)
- Chief Resident of the Year Award in emergency medicine, GWU–USA (2014)
- Program Director for Masters in Emergency Medicine (MEM) affiliated to George Washington University (GWU)-USA, at Moolchand Medcity (2015)
- Conferences addressed:
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Scientific conference at Las Vegas, USA (2016)
- EMCON, Mumbai (2014); EMCON, Jaipur (2017)
- Indo-US conference of emergency medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi (2011)
- Indus conference of emergency medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi(2007)
- Board member for DNB Committee, Moolchand
- Executive board member, SEMI and IMA
What I'd like to tell my patients
It was any other day for the aspiring architect who dropped his sister off to college. But while he was crossing the road, a speeding truck crashed into him. The impact of the collision was so intense that he fell unconscious on the road and was drenched in a pool of blood. The severely injured man was immediately rushed to Moolchand ED, and we were able to save his life.
Each year we handle 20,000+ emergency cases and successfully save lives of numerous individuals who have sustained traumatic injuries or are facing acute medical conditions. I attribute this huge success to my efficient ED team who adhere to time-effective protocols competently and demonstrate quick decision making in ED’s high pressured environment.
There is a “Golden Hour” between life and death, where we should know what to do, how to save the life of our patient. Proficient in providing medical care as well as the surgical treatment in case of emergency, my rapid response team and I ensure efficient emergency care for every patient who walks in our doors. We leave no stone unturned in providing the best services in the shortest time possible.
Late Shri Gulab Navaney
Father-in-law of Geeta N
“Skilled doctor with great kindness and respect for his patients!”
I thank all doctors of Moolchand for taking such a good care of my father-in-law "Late Shri Gulab Navaney" during the last month of his life. Their kindness and respect towards my father-in-law was felt by all of us. It is difficult to watch someone struggle through multiple illnesses and become weak day by day. Doctors helped make the process more bearable. I wish Moolchand all the success, happiness and glory.
“Exceptional care by emergency doctors who makes you feel very comfortable and reassured!”
Moolchand is all I can think of when faced with a medical emergency. My mother, daughter and I have been visiting Moolchand for several years now and the doctors have always provided the absolute best care, and we received the best advice and treatment during every visit and for every issue.
If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, who treats the whole person and takes the time to be caring even while maintaining a very efficient emergency department, then Dr. Harmeet is someone you should consider visiting.
Mother of Samir Kuckreja
“A note from a grateful heart!”
This is to record our family’s gratitude to the team at Moolchand for taking such good care of my mother, Mrs Meera Kuckreja who was brought there on October 29th, 2017 in a very critical and urgent condition. Thanks to your entire team of Moolchand doctors and the staff who didn’t hesitate going an extra mile to ensure the best care for my mother. I would recommend Moolchand Hospital to anyone who wants quality healthcare. Her heart rate and BP were sinking. In the ED, Dr. Harmeet Singh quickly diagnosed that her condition was due to the malfunctioning of her pacemaker.The team of competent ED doctors managed to stabilize her heart rate and BP. In the meantime, they also coordinated with the cardiac doctor who put in a temporary pacemaker successfully. My mother stayed in the ICU for one day. The crisis was soon over and she was saved. All in all, it was one of those “once in a lifetime” experiences. This made me and my family feel a special bond with Moolchand due to its unabated commitment to nurture medical excellence and warm patient-centric approach.