|08 am-10 am|
|10 am-12 pm|
|12 pm-02 pm|
|02 pm-04 pm|
|04 pm-06 pm|
|06 pm-08 pm|
|10 am-11 am|
|11 am-12 pm|
|12 pm-01 pm|
|01 pm-02 pm|
|02 pm-03 pm|
|03 pm-04 pm|
I am an internationally trained orthopaedic surgeon and my forte lies in the management of complex shoulder and knee pathologies. My principal interest is in upper limb pathology and sports injury management by arthroscopy in both professional and amateur athletes. I have performed hundreds of successful arthroscopies and joint replacement surgeries in my career.I have undergone special training in shoulder, elbow and knee disorders at the Repatriation General Hospital, Australia. During this time, I acquired the special skill of conducting musculoskeletal ultrasounds and I am one of the first orthopaedic surgeons in Delhi to utilize the benefits of in-office ultrasound for the prompt diagnosis and treatment of many shoulder and other joint complaints. My overseas training has helped me fine tune my skills in shoulder, elbow, knee and hip joint replacements.
My education and training
|M.Ch||Ortho, American Institute of Medicine, Victoria (2011)|
|MS||Ortho, Rajiv Gandhi University, Karnataka, India (2009)|
My publications and papers
- Book Chapter: New techniques in elbow arthroscopy, AANA (Arthroscopy Association of North America) 2016
- “Flexion Test in The Coronal Plane Deformities of Knee” Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, August 2013, vol4
- “Salvage of Proximal Tibia Fracture Treated with Locked Compression Plate” Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, June 2012, vol3
- “Comparison of Abduction Brace and Surgical Containment in Management of Perthes Disease” Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, Dec 2011, vol2
My awards and accomplishments
- Recognized and included in the “Who’s Who of the World” for excellence in the field of orthopaedics and sports injuries
- Hall of Fame Award for recognition in the field of elbow surgery by DOA
- Gold Medal for premier standing (1st rank) in orthopaedic exams
- Instructor at MAMC Cadeveric Shoulder Course 2017 and 2016, New Delhi
- Delegate and expert speaker at various conferences:
- “Shoulder Arthroscopy Portals” SWAM 2017, New Delhi
- “New Technique in Wrist Arthroscopy” SDOS 2017, New Delhi
- “Big Fat Indian Shoulder” SDOS 2017, New Delhi
- “Biceps Lesions” Panel discussion, Shoulder and Elbow Update 2017, New Delhi
- “Elbow Arthroscopy Basics”, Shoulder and Elbow Update 2017, New Delhi
- “Shoulder Fractures” Midcon DOA 2017, New Delhi
- “Reading a Shoulder MRI” MSK CME 2017, LHMC, New Delhi
- “Getting a Good Shoulder X-ray” MSK DOA conference, August 2016, New Delhi
- “Shoulder Replacement For Fractures” ISKSAA 2016, New Delhi
- “Biceps Evaluation” ISKSAA 2016, New Delhi
- “Controversies in Shoulder” DOACON 2016, New Delhi
- “Large Grade IV Neglected TA rupture Reconstruction” SDOS 2016, New Delhi
- “Shoulder - A revision of the Anatomy” RGH Meeting 2014, Australia
- “Deformity Correction in TKR” FMC Meeting 2014, Australia
- “High Tibial Osteotomy” SALHN Meeting 2014, Australia
- “Fingertip Injuries Management” ASH Meeting, 2013, Australia
- “Total Elbow Arthroplasty – A Technique” ASH Meeting 2013, Australia
- Member, Indian Orthopaedic Association, Indian Arthroscopic Society, SICOT, Indian Association of Sports Medicine, Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- Member, Delhi Orthopaedic Association and Shoulder and Elbow Society of India
- Member, International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty (ISKSAA), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member, AOTrauma International Community
What I'd like to tell my patients
Over time and with stress induced by sports or physically demanding activities, our knee and shoulder joints do take a bit of beating. However, while healing these knee and shoulder injuries in my patients, I consider myself to be a partner and a coach to my patients. It’s a journey where you and I both have to play our parts. This journey requires discipline and determination from you in order to bring the healing process to an end. I play my part by providing you the right medical care and the path to follow. It gives me no greater joy than to see my patient back to performing their sport or daily activity as if they were never injured.
Russel Jessie C
Resident of New Zealand
“Very satisfied with the care, courtesy and professionalism!”
In a recent slip-and-fall incident, I suffered moderate soft tissue injury to my right lower leg and ankle. At Moolchand, I was seen by sports injury specialist Dr. Akash Sabharwal. I found him truly caring and dedicated to patient care. I appreciate his follow-up and willingness to answer all of my questions.
Very satisfied with his care, courtesy and professionalism, I would not consider changing doctors for my orthopaedic concerns while I am here in India.
(Husband of Mrs. Anita Gupta)
“Methodical and meticulous treatment!”
We wish to convey our gratitude to Dr. Akash for taking extra time to provide methodical and meticulous treatment to my wife ‘Anita’ when she had a thigh fracture. We are truly impressed with Dr. Akash’s caring and friendly approach. He is not only a nice doctor but also a good human being.
God bless him!
State-level Kabaddi player
“Fulfilling experience and successful ACL reconstruction at Moolchand!”
Kabaddi is my passion. Last week, while practicing Kabaddi, I fell and my right knee got severely injured. The severe pangs of pain in my knee were intolerable and I was rushed to Moolchand in emergency. Following detailed radiological investigations, Dr. Akash told me that the ACL in my right knee had ruptured. He was very thorough in his explanation of the ACL reconstruction surgery and that evoked confidence in me to go for the surgery. I am following all the preventive measures, gentle exercises and physiotherapy as suggested by Dr. Akash. Looking at the post-operative progress, I am confident I shall soon regain my strength, stamina and agility, especially to play Kabaddi.
I am so delighted with the overall services at Moolchand. Not only I have been treated by an awesome sports medicine expert, but also felt very comfortable during my hospital-stay. The front office executives, nurses and housekeeping personnel at Moolchand are always smiling and friendly. I am full of hope and optimism. Thanks to Dr. Akash and Moolchand who made this entire experience so memorable and happy!